Saturday, October 18, 2014

Honor

I am so excited and honored to be named the Principal of Cedar Ridge High School at this past Thursday night's School Board Meeting. Having been an administrator at CR for the past several years, I have a deep understanding of Dr. Presley's original vision for the school and also the areas we need to focus in order to move forward in becoming a world class high school.

There is no place I would rather be! We have such an amazing community and it's such a pleasure to work with the CR students, staff, parents, and extended community. I have been so touched by the overwhelming positive support and response I have received since the appointment Thursday night. Thank you so much! Go Raiders!

We have a great adventure ahead. My goal is for our students to reach their highest potential, not only in the areas of athletics and fine arts, but academically, as well. With a lot of hard work, targeted effort, and strategic planning, we are going to become the "destination" high school of Central Texas.

Just a heads up that the Cedar Ridge PTSA is holding a meeting Tuesday, October 21, at 6:30 pm in the Lecture Hall. The program will include a Freshmen Parent Information Session. I hope to see many of you there. Our counselors will share important information, as well as answer questions.