Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Cedar Ridge Food Drive Delivery

The Cedar Ridge Food Drive ended up being very successful! Andrew Jezisek, a Cedar Ridge Junior (2015-16) contacted me May 31 requesting to be able to have a Cedar Ridge food drive to benefit the local flood victims. Although it was the last week of school, the Raider Nation stepped up and we collected quite a bit of food in just one week. Andrew and his mother, Mrs Jezisek, recently delivered the food to the Round Rock Serving Center in the name of Cedar Ridge High School. Please enjoy the pictures of their delivery.

I want to thank Andrew for being a Raider who cares about others and makes a positive impact on his community! Andrew is very humble and doesn't seek attention for himself, but I just wanted to brag on him for advocating for such a selfless cause. Andrew also serves as the Cedar Ridge High School German Club President. When I was in high school, believe it or not, I, too, served as German Club President. And, no, that does not mean I can speak German now! But, Andrew, "Das ist sehr gut! Danke sehr!"